We have been offering acupuncture to all of our patients for a wide variety of symptoms since May of 2017. We received our training from the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture taught by Dr. John Amaro who received training in China and Japan. Dr. Amaro was a pioneer in bringing acupuncture to the USA in the 1970’s. All of our doctors are also Nationally Certified. The World Health Organization has approved acupuncture to be effective in treating the following conditions:
- - Adverse reactions to radiotherapy and/or chemotherapy
- - Allergic rhinitis (including hay fever)
- - Biliary colic
- - Depression (including depressive neurosis and depression following stroke)
- - Dysentery
- - Acute bacillary Dysmenorrhoea
- - Primary Epigastralgia
- - Acute (in peptic ulcer, acute and chronic gastritis, and gastrospasm)
- - Facial pain (including craniomandibular disorders)
- - Headache
- - Hypertension
- - Essential Hypotension
- - Primary Induction of labour
- - Knee pain
- - Leukopenia
- - Low back pain
- - Malposition of fetus
- - Correction of Morning sickness Nausea and vomiting
- - Neck pain
A larger list and the full report can be found here : (http://www.iama.edu/OtherArticles/acupuncture_WHO_full_report.pdf)
We have also found specific protocols to be miraculously effective in treating many more areas of health, physical and emotional. Ask our doctors for more information or to find the right protocol for you.
Don’t Like Needles? No Problem
We offer 5 different ways to stimulate the acupuncture points without needles… that’s right! We adopted these methods to treat kids, because what kid likes needles? Also those taking blood thinning medications, those who bruise easily, and for all of the needle-phobics. We’ve found these to be just as effective when compared to the needle.
- - Stimplus Pro: The tool using small microcurrents to test each point and treat. This is mostly used on the points of the ear
- - Tei-Shin: This is a spring loaded tool that is applied in bursts of 5 to the desired point (Available for purchase for home acupuncture stimulation)
- - Acu-buzzer: Apply vibration to each point for about 15 seconds each.
- - Class 3b Laser: Laser stimulation allows us to treat each point for only 5 seconds each point. We can also customize the light frequency to stimulate each point to maximize healing time. (We also offer acu-lasers that you can purchase and take home with you and treat your points from home. This light pen is set to a specific frequency for optimal stimulation for each point. We’ll send you the points you need with pictures that help you find the points easily, and you can continue your treatment at home each and everyday. We’re noticing the best response when patients do their points each day.)
- - Ear Seeds: These small clear band-aid like beads stimulate points for weeks at a time. This allows you to leave the office and continue your day to day activities with constant stimulation of the point. These were great for a number of issues, especially allergies.
Our Acugraph Software allows us to take a snapshot of how each meridian or pathway in the body is functioning. The theory of meridian acupuncture is that each pathway affects the organ its associated with and any joint or tissue it passes through. For example the Lung meridian starts at the upper chest and runs down the arm to the thumb. An imbalance in the lung meridian can cause pain along the outer arm, elbow, wrist and thumb. The software also provides a list of Chinese herbs and acupuncture points that will best fit your needs at the moment. This software allows us to customize your treatments every visit.